Stunning, tranquil and spectacular gardens
Compton Acres consists of 5 main classic themed gardens:
The Italian Garden, the Wooded Valley, the Rock and Water Garden, the Heather Garden and the Japanese Garden.
Open 362 days a year.
- The Italian Garden
- This splendid formal garden is designed to be enjoyed as a spectacle with water, fountains, statuary, topiary and mass plantings providing seasonal colour.
- The Wooded Valley
- The mature pine wood has been developed as a woodland garden with winding pathways and dramatic waterfalls. Many rhododendrons and camelias thrive here.
- Rock & Water Garden
- This is perhaps the largest rock garden in private ownership in England. It is home to over 300 kinds of plants including mature specimens of slow growing conifers and hundreds of dwarf spring and summer flowering bulbs.
- Heather Garden
- This is a year round attraction, at its most colourful in early spring. The plantings are a mixture of many species of heathers.
- Japanese Garden
- Compton Acres' Japanese Garden is recognised as one of the best in Britain. The Tea House, draped with Japanese wisteria and the thatched summerhouse, are constructed to authentic designs.