Discover the diversity of nature in our beautiful gardens
With over 10 acres and five themed gardens to explore, each home to unique plants from across the world along with wonderful wildlife such as birds, foxes, insects and lizards – Compton Acres has lots of different surprises to discover!
Our children’s map will guide your pupils on a journey around our worldly gardens; from fancy fountains and impressive statues of Roman Gods in the Italian Garden, to wondrous waterfalls in the natural Wooded Valley.
Visit the Bog Garden, which is a favourite place for wildlife and follow the paths and bridges across the Rock and Water Garden to enjoy beautiful views stretching out to the boats dotted across Poole harbour!
Spend some time in our Heather Garden to see if you can spot the rare colony of Sand Lizards which live there or venture into our world-renowned, authentic Japanese Garden, and feel as if you’ve truly stepped into another continent.
Information for Teachers
- Teachers are welcome to visit Compton Acres for a free planning visit.
- Entry for teachers and helpers is also free during the educational visit.
- Compton Acres also provide free maps.
- There is free coach parking locally and all coach drivers receive a complimentary meal voucher to use in the café.
- Rates for parties of 10 or more @ £3.50 per child / student.
To make a booking please call us on 01202 700778 or email us.